Year Of Call: 1971
John Ross specialises in professional negligence and insurance related claims, contract and commercial, public and regulatory law and personal injury claims. He also has considerable experience in commercial arbitration, Technology Court and construction adjudication hearings. He appears and advises in jurisdictions overseas. He has long been acknowledged as a leading practitioner at the professional negligence bar by the major legal directories; he is also listed in the current editions of both Chambers & Partners and The Legal 500 as a leading silk in the fields of personal injury, professional discipline and regulatory law, consumer and travel law.
Comments from the Chambers and Partners Bar Guide 2019 and The Legal 500 2019 include:
"He's immense; his tactical and strategic awareness is beyond reproach." "He's extremely approachable and knowledgeable in the field."
"John Ross is a master tactician and absolutely unflappable even when put under incredible pressure."
"He has a reassuringly calm and confident style of advocacy."
"Recommended for travel law."
"He is a powerful advocate who commands the courtroom and has tenacity and eye for detail."
"An exceptional counsel."
"Advises both claimants and defendants on accidents abroad and has expertise in overseas jurisdictions."
KXL & Others -v- Murphy & Anor  EWHC 3102 (QB)
The High Court, on 2 December 2016, handed down an important judgment...
Legg & Ors v. Aviva  EWCA Civ 97
On 23 February 2016 the Court of Appeal handed down a judgment in the case...
Latest Publications Read more
- 'Barrister’s Liability after Moy v. Pettman Smith' Talk delivered to PNBA (22-Oct-05)
- 'Recent Developments in Barrister’s Negligence' Talk delivered to PNBA (14-May-03)
- Chair of the Professional Negligence Bar Association (2012-13); Vice Chair (2010-11)
- Association of Regulatory & Disciplinary Lawyers
- London Common Law and Commercial Bar Association (past Committee member)
- Personal Injuries Bar Association