Home > Recruitment > Pupillage > Key facts and application information
- We offer up to two twelve month pupillages, beginning in October. Limiting places in this way ensures that we are able to give each pupil plenty of individual attention and the best possible chance of obtaining tenancy. We have a high retention rate having offered tenancies to all but two of our pupils over the last ten years. We attribute this to our ability to select appropriate candidates who will make a long term success of the Bar.
- The next pupillages for which places are available will commence in October 2019 and the pupillage awards will be at least £40,000 p.a., of which £10,000 will comprise guaranteed earnings. Applications will be accepted from November 2017 until 28th February 2018. We will consider requests to draw down part of the award during the BVC year. We are not offering pupillages commencing October 2018.
- We are not part of Pupillage Gateway. We believe that we are better able to identify applicants with the potential to succeed through our customised application form and selection procedure.
- Pupils have three supervisors during the twelve months, providing experience of a range of seniority, personalities and practice areas. If a pupil expresses interest in a particular practice area we will take this into account when allocating supervisors after the first four months.
- Pupils can expect a range of court experience in their second six months that will provide good grounding for a career as an advocate. Pupils can expect to spend two to three days in court each week.
- We will be accepting applications for pupillage commencing in October 2017 from November 2015. The deadline for applications for 2019 is 28th February 2018. A link to our online application form can be found above. Instructions for completing and submitting your application can be found on the front page of the application form. Should you be invited for interview and need to travel from outside London, Chambers will consider paying your travelling expenses or contributing towards them. If you require any additional information please contact Jenny Fensham, our Practice Administrator.
- We will be offering mini-pupillages during the summer of 2017 (see our mini-pupillage page for more information).
Back to the top